Aquí Para Ti / Here for You
Clinic for Latino Youth
2810 Nicollet Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55408
1:30pm - 5pm Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Aqui para Tí (APT) Here for You is a clinic-based development program for Latino youths ages 11 to 24 and their families. APT was created in 2002 to support Latino adolescents, who are often being raised in a culture very different than that of their parents. APT is funded by the Eliminating Health Disparities Initiative of the Minnesota Department of Health.
At Aqui Pra Ti, we offer complete physical exams, pregnancy tests, treatment of common diseases, pregnancy care testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
We consult with teens about the following topics:
- Depression, anxiety, or anger
- School issues
- Relationships with family or friends
- Abuse of drugs and/or alcohol
- Worries about height or weight
- Communication between children and parents
We educate teens about:
- Raising teens
- Family planning
- Diet and healthy control of weight
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Pregnancy Care
We refer teens to additional services, including:
- Exercise programs
- Food shelves
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children)
- Individual and family therapy
- Nurses who can visit pregnant women at home
The cost of a visit at APT is the same as a regular medical appointment. The difference is that for APT appointments, the patient has free access to health education, mental health evaluation, counseling, and referrals to other resources. Our clinics accept any type of medical insurance. If you do not have health insurance, you may meet with a financial consultant to apply for medical insurance or a discount card.
We offer family planning services for free or at a reduced cost to those who qualify.