Grief and Loss Resources
Traumatic Grief and Loss
- www.survivorresources.org – Local support for survivors of traumatic loss
- www.griefloss.org – Local grief counseling center for survivors
- www.traumacenter.org – Resources to assist trauma victims and their families
- www.ncvc.org – National Center for Victims of Crime; resources for coping
- www.afsp.org – American Foundation for Suicide Prevention; resources for coping with suicide loss
Children and Traumatic Loss
- www.nctsnet.org – The National Child Traumatic Stress Network; resources for parents and caregivers in English and Spanish
- www.aftertheinjury.org – Resources for helping children and teens cope with trauma
- www.missfoundation.org – Resources for children and parents coping with traumatic injuries
- www.compassionatefriends.org – Links to local chapters of "Compassionate Friends"
Pregnancy and Infant Loss
- www.grievingforbabies.org – Grieving for babies guides families and professionals towards understanding grief caused by the death of a baby
- www.unspokengrief.com – Unspoken Grief is a safe place to share and learn about the impact of miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal loss.
- www.irisremembers.com – Infants remembered in silence; a website offering support, education and resources for parents experiencing the death of a child.
- http://facesofloss.com/ – Putting a face on miscarriage, stillborn and infant loss.
- www.firstcandle.org – Infant loss support in Spanish and English, with links to local support groups
Chronic Illness and Loss
- www.caringinfo.org – The Caring Connection; resources for chronic or serious illness; includes state-specific health care directives
For more information, contact the Spiritual Care Department at 612-873-2260.