Richard O. Gray, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I believe shared decision making should be the linchpin of medicine in the 21st century."
Dr. Gray has over 20 years of experience in teaching emergency medicine.
- Completed an internal medicine residency at the University of Pennsylvania
- Completed a residency in Emergency Medicine at the Medical College of Pennsylvania
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Prekker ME, Gary BM, Patel R, Olives T, Driver B, Dunlop SJ, Miner JR, Gordon S, Schut R, Gray RO, A comparison of routine, opt-out HIV screening with the expected yield from physician-directed HIV testing in the ED. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Apr;33(4):506-11. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2014.12.057. Epub 2015 Jan 3. PMID: 25727169
- Johnson T, Patel R, Scott N, Olives T, Smith S, Gray R, Miner JR. J, Access to disease treatment among patients presenting to the emergency department with asthma or hypertension. Emerg Med. 2015 May;48(5):527-35. doi: 10.1016/j.jemermed.2014.12.015. Epub 2015 Feb 2. PMID: 25656430
- Kirschner E, Gray RO. Pulmonary embolus in transit. Acad Emerg Med. 2015 Jan;22(1):125. doi: 10.1111/acem.12560. Epub 2014 Dec 26. No abstract available. PMID: 25546000
- Miner JR, Moore JC, Austad EJ, Plummer D, Hubbard L, Gray RO. Randomized, double-blinded, clinical trial of propofol, 1:1 propofol/ketamine, and 4:1 propofol/ketamine for deep procedural sedation in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 2015 May;65(5):479-488.e2. doi: 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2014.08.046. Epub 2014 Oct 16. PMID: 25441247
- Miner JR, Moore JC, Plummer D, Gray RO, Patel S, Ho JD. Randomized clinical trial of the effect of supplemental opioids in procedural sedation with propofol on serum catecholamines. Acad Emerg Med. 2013 Apr;20(4):330-7. doi: 10.1111/acem.12110. PMID: 23701339
"I was born and raised and continue to live in South Minneapolis. I am a proud graduate of Minneapolis Central High School as well as the University of Minnesota."
Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN, USA
Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA