James M. Fink, MD, PhD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am committed to meeting the needs of our doctors and patients by ensuring top-quality laboratory results with clinically relevant turn-around times."
Dr. Fink is a board-certified Clinical Pathologist with expertise in Cytogenetics/Cytogenomics and Hematopathology. He has been instrumental in providing cutting-edge Cytogenetic/Cytogenomic testing at Hennepin County Medical Center and for many other Minnesota Hospitals.
- Board-certified in Clinical Cytogenetics by the American Board of Medical Genetics
- Board-certified in Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Licensed Physician by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Assistant Professor in Laboratory Medicine and Pathology at the University of Minnesota.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Summa cum laude, University of Minnesota
- National Institutes of Health, National Research Service Award
- American College of Medical Genetics
- American Society of Human Genetics
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- College of American Pathologists
- Dayton VJ, M Linden, J Fink, et al. 2015. Letter to the editor, in reply. Archives Path Lab Med 139(7):846-7.
- Dayton VJ, J Fink, et al. 2014. Quality and adequacy of bone marrow samples obtained by the 2-needle technique: the Minnesota experience. Archives Path Lab Med 138(7):860-2.
- Dvorak L, M Dolan, J Fink, et al. 2013. Correlation between HER2 determined by fluorescence in situ hybridization and reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction of the Oncotype DX test. Applied IHC & Molecular Morphol 21:196-9.
- Johnson KJ, CM Blair, J Fink, et al. 2012. Medical conditions and risk of adult myeloid leukemia in Minnesota. Cancer Causes Control 23:1083-9.
- Jafri F, J Fink, et al. 2011. 22q13.32 Deletion and duplication and inversion in the same family: a rare occurrence. Intnl Scholarly Res Network, Pediatrics, article ID 829825:1-4.
"In my free time I enjoy scuba diving, biking, hiking, reading, and photography, and spending time with family and friends."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Clinical Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Clinical Cytogenetics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA