Julia P. Joseph-Di Caprio, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I enjoy listening to my patients and their families and work to understand what they are and how I can help them live full and healthy lives."
"Dr. Julia" is a pediatrician and adolescent medicine specialist. She was HCMC's Chief of Pediatrics for 12 years until 2015 and now, in addition to caring for patients, serves as HCMC's Assistant Chief of Provider Services and Senior Medical Director of Primary Care. Dr. Joseph-Di Caprio is also an alumni of the Massachusetts General Disparities Leadership Program and she is working towards health equity for all.
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Blog: drj4teenhealth.com, 1/2012-1/2015
- Talking with Teens. MNAAP Newsletter, November 2013
- Board certified in Pediatrics
- Board certified in Adolescent Medicine
- Featured on HCMC's Healthy Matters show on WCCO radio
- "Top Doc", Minnesota Monthly magazine
- Robert Ten Bensel Award, University of Minnesota School of Public Health
- Alumni Student Leadership Recognition Award, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Urbana, Illinois
- Ross Award for Proficiency in Pediatrics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Urbana, Illinois
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society University of Illinois College of Medicine, Urbana, Illinois
- Thomas C. Reeves Award for Outstanding Third Year Medical Student University of Illinois College of Medicine, Urbana, Illinois
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Minnesota Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine
- American Association for Physician Leadership
- Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Health Care Industry
- Joseph-Di Caprio J. Counseling parents of difficult adolescents. Minn Med. 2010;93(9):41-3.
- Joseph-Di Caprio J. Health care of youth in corrections. Minn Med. 2002;85(8):40-2.
- Joseph-Di Caprio J., Farrow J, Feinstein RA, Morris RE, Nesmith JD, Persing RE, Rose E, Schichor A, Younessi S. Health care for incarcerated youth. Position paper of the Society for Adolescent Medicine. J Adolesc Health. 2000;27(1):73-75.
- Joseph-Di Caprio J, Garwick AW, Kohrman C, Blum RW. Culture and the care of children with chronic conditions: their physicians' views. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999;153(10):1030-1035.
- Joseph-Di Caprio J., Remafedi G. Adolescents with factitious HIV disease. J Adolesc Health. 1997;21(2):102-106.
"In my free time I enjoy spending time with my husband and two adult children. I enjoy gardening and cheering on Minnesota sports teams. I also serve on a committee for the University of Minnesota Medical School and work on behalf of several Minnesota nonprofit organizations."
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Adolescent Health and Disability, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA