David Swanson, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"My passion is to help you with the most difficult problems. If it takes special attention, takes extra time or if it's a unique or unusual problem, that's where I see my role in your care. I'd like to sit down with you and design solutions. I'm so proud to be part of the multispecialty team at HCMC."
Dr. Swanson is an exceptional interventional radiologist with 25 years of experience in interventional radiology and development of minimally-invasive techniques for the treatment of blood clots, symptomatic uterine fibroids, lifesaving catheter-based techniques for victims of trauma, and aggressive treatment techniques for unusual cancers.
- Subspecialty board certification of added qualifications in Vascular and Interventional Radiology by the American Board of Radiology
- Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology
- Assistant Professor of Radiology, University of Minnesota
- NIH National Research Service Award
"When not at HCMC, I blend my medical training with my amateur athletic interests and can be found volunteering in the finish line medical tent for local and national events like Twin Cities Marathon. I love long distance athletic events and have represented the United States in the Triathlon Age Group World Championships in Beijing, China. In the fall and winter, I volunteer interviewing high school seniors applying for college. My wife and I have two teenage boys and two equally rambunctious Newfoundland dogs."
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Rubin GD, Wittich GR, Walter RM, Swanson DC. Percutaneous removal of small gallstones – in vitro comparison of baskets. Journal of Interventional Radiology. 1992;6:29-31
- Terasaki K, Wittich GR, Lycke G, Walter R, Nowles K, Swanson D, Lucas D. Percutaneous transluminal biopsy of biliary strictures with a bioptome. American Journal of Roentgenology. 1991;156(6):77-78
- Swanson D, Wittich G. CT guided transsternal biopsy of a mediastinal mass. Journal of Interventional Radiology. 1990;5:163-164
- Ruder T, Omessi E, Wittich GR, Swanson D, Wright A. In vivo contact lithotripsy of gallstones with the Kensey catheter. Abstract presented at the annual meeting of the Association of University Radiologists. Seattle, May 1989
- Swanson D, Blecker I. Gahbauer H. Caride VJ. Diagnosis of discitis by SPECT technetium-99m MDP scintigram. Journal of Nuclear Medicine 1987;12:210-211
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA