Michael J. Lawson, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am passionate about not only addressing patients' medical needs, but ensuring they understand more about their condition so that they can make informed decisions about their medical care. I try to help each of my patients become actively engaged in their medical care."
Dr. Lawson has worked as a hospitalist here and in Seattle since completing his residency in 2012. He has a particular focus on medical education as well as advocating for the use of bedside ultrasound for faculty, residents, and medical students. He is actively engaged in faculty development as well as leading the resident curriculum for bedside ultrasound use.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota
- Chief Resident, Hennepin County Medical Center, Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine Resident Teacher of the Year, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Resident Teacher of the Year - Voted by Graduating AOA Class, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society, University of Minnesota Medical School
- American College of Physicians
"I enjoy spending time with my family, board games, reading all kinds of books, and cheering for the Vikings. Skol!"
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA