Brian Goodroad, DNP, RN, CNP
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I believe my role is a guide for my patients. I am here to provide the best information they need to make their own educated health decisions regarding wellness and disease management."
Brian has been providing care to people with HIV since 1987. First as an RN, and as an NP since 1995. He completed an Associate Degree in Nursing from North Dakota State University, a Bachelor's degree in nursing from Metropolitan State University, a master's degree from the University of California, San Francisco where he completed specialized clinical education in HIV care, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree from Minnesota State University, Moorhead. He is an Associate Professor and Director of the Graduate Programs in the School of Nursing at Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, MN. He enjoys working with people with HIV in the Positive Care Center in his part-time role.
- Board Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Board Certified as an Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Board Certified as an HIV Specialist through the American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Board Certified as an Advanced AIDS Certified Registered Nurse through the HIV/AIDS Nursing Certification Board
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners - Minnesota State Representative
- Minnesota Nurse Practitioners - Executive Board
- MN APRN Coalition - Executive Board
- American Nurses Association
"I am committed to ensuring access to quality NP care for the people of MN through work in public policy and advocacy. In my "off-time" my partner and I enjoy going to movies and spending time with our friends and family. "