Derrick Chu, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am passionate about providing personalized care that is value-added and delivered in partnership with my patients and their families. I use my expertise and knowledge about the latest and most appropriate technology to tailor my recommendations to each patient's unique needs. I offer information, counseling, and guidance to my patients as they make their own decisions about their health care. Finally, I choose to practice at HCMC because of its mission and its commitment to deliver the best care available."
Dr. Chu has broad and diverse clinical interests, with a specific focus on chronic venous insufficiency (varicose veins), venous thromboembolic disease (blood clots), interventional oncology, and critical limb ischemia and salvage. Much of his practice involves disease management through endovascular intervention and noninvasive imaging diagnosis.
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Varicose Veins, Source: HealthSmarty
- Subspecialty Board Certification of Added Qualifications in Vascular and Interventional Radiology by the American Board of Radiology
- Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology
- Assistant Professor of Radiology, University of Minnesota
- Featured twice on HCMC’s Healthy Matters on WCCO Radio
"I enjoy time with my young family. In addition to traveling, gardening, woodworking, and trap shooting, I like to explore the many outdoor activities Minnesota has to offer."
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Minnesota Endovascular Interventional Conference
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Minnesota Radiological Society
- Chu D, LeBlanc R, D’Ambrosia P, D’Ambrosia R, Baratta R, Somonow M. Neuromuscular disorder in response to anterior cruciate ligament creep. Clinical Biomechanics. 2003;18(3):222-30.
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Radiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Vascular and Interventional Radiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA