Bradley Arthur Bart, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am committed to providing comprehensive cardiovascular care in the context of my patients' overall life goals."
Dr. Bart is experienced in the diagnosis and management of coronary artery disease and heart failure and has significant research experience and publications in the area of heart failure. He is the Cardiology Division Chief and Senior Medical Director of the Heart and Vascular Service Line. He has expertise in nuclear cardiology, enhanced external counterpulsation (EECP) for the treatment of severe angina, therapeutic hypothermia for the treatment of cardiac arrest survivors, and ultrafiltration for advanced heart failure.
- Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Recurrent recipient of Top Doc awards
- American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Heart Failure Society of America
- Mentz RJ, Stevens SR, DeVore AD, Lala A, Vader JM, AbouEzzeddine OF, Khazanie P, Redfield MM, Stevenson LW, OTConnor CM, Goldsmith SR, Bart BA, Anstrom KJ, Hernandez AF, Braunwald E, Felker GM. Decongestion strategies and renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system activation in acute heart failure. JACC: Heart Failure. 2015;3(2):97-107.
- Goldsmith SR, Bart BA, Burnett JC. Decongestive therapy and renal function in acute heart failure: Time for a new approach? Circ Heart Fail. 2014:7:531-535.
- Chen HH, Anstrom KJ, Givertz MM, Stevenson LW, Semigran MJ, Goldsmith SR, Bart BA, Bull DA, Stehlik J, LeWinter MM, Konstam MA, Huggins GS, Rouleau JL, O'Meara E, Tang WH, Starling RC, Butler J, Deswal A, Felker GM, O'Connor CM, Bonita RE, Margulies KB, Cappola TP, Ofili EO, Mann DL, Dávila-Román VG, McNulty SE, Borlaug BA, Velazquez EJ, Lee KL, Shah MR, Hernandez AF, Braunwald E, Redfield MM; NHLBI Heart Failure Clinical Research Network. Low-dose dopamine or low-dose nesiritide in acute heart failure with renal dysfunction: The ROSE Acute Heart Failure Randomized Trial. JAMA. 2013; 310(23):2533-2543.
- Bart BA, Nelson SE. Eplerenone: another drug to add to the mix? J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;62(17):1594-1595.
- Redfield MM, Chen HH, Borlaug BA, Semigran MJ, Lee KL, Lewis G, LeWinter MM, Rouleau JL, Bull DA, Mann DL, Deswal A, Stevenson LW, Givertz MM, Ofili EO, O'Connor CM, Felker GM, Goldsmith SR, Bart BA, et al. Effect of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibition on exercise capacity and clinical status in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: a randomized clinical trial (RELAX trial). JAMA. 2013;309(12):1268-1277.
- Bart BA, Goldsmith SR, Lee KL, et al. Ultrafiltration in decompensated heart failure with cardiorenal syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2012;367(24):2296-304.
"I enjoy spending time with my wife and three daughters. I keep warm in the winter cross country skiing and I bike to work every day."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Internal Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA