Allison S. Wert, MD
General Internal Medicine
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am committed to ensuring that all people have access to high quality healthcare. As a primary care physician, I value advocacy for all of my patients. Guidance and education are essential so that all patients feel they are the most important part of the medical team."
Dr. Wert is board-certified in internal medicine, caring for patients hospitalized with acute illness as well as patients in clinic who have chronic conditions. She spends most of her time promoting preventative health care for all of her patients in clinic. She has a special interest in medical education and has extensive experience in training both resident physicians and medical students.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- American College of Physicians
- Hennepin Medical Society
- Minnesota Medical Association
Note that Dr. Wert's publications are listed as Kienke, AS.
- Perlis R, Fava M, Nierenberg A, Pollack M, Falk W, Kienke A, Rosenbaum J. Strategies for treatment of SSRI-associated sexual dysfunction: A survey of an academic psychopharmacology practice. Harv Rev Psych 2002;10:109-114.
- Fredman SJ, Fava M, Kienke AS, White CN, Rosenbaum JF. A survey of clinicians' long term antidepressant prescribing practices. Har Rev of Psych 2001.
- Rosenbaum JF, Kienke AS. Vagus nerve stimulation offers potential therapeutic advance for treatment-resistant depression. Psychopharmacology Update 2000;11(5):1,5-6.
- Kienke AS, Rosenbaum JF. Efficacy of venlafaxine in the treatment of severe depression. Depress Anxiety 2000;12(1):50-54.
- Fredman SJ, Fava M, Kienke AS, White CN, Nierenberg AA, Rosenbaum JF. Partial response, non-response and relapse on SSRIs in major depression: A survey of current "next-step" practices. J Clin Psychiatry 2000;61(6):403-407.
"I was born and raised in the Twin Cities and feel lucky to have the opportunity to live and practice medicine in such a special place. I cannot imagine living with my husband and three children anywhere else. Some of my favorite things include gardening, biking, going to the movies, and reading a good book with a hot cup of coffee."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA