Gautam R. Shroff, MBBS, FACC
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"My commitment is to ensure that every patient gets personalized and comprehensive cardiovascular care that is congruent with their overall philosophy in life. I believe in working closely with the patient, their family and other medical personnel in a team-based approach, with the focus on the patient’s best interests."
Dr. Shroff cares for patients with a wide variety of cardiovascular disease and has a special clinical interest in the following areas in cardiovascular medicine:
- Cardiovascular imaging including echocardiography, coronary CT, cardiac MRI
- Heart disease in patients with advanced kidney disease
- Preventive heart disease
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- American College of Cardiology
- Best Doctors 2014, Minnesota Monthly
- Best Doctors for Women, Minnesota Monthly
- "Best Doctors", Minnesota Monthly 2016
- "Best Doctors", Minnesota Monthly 2015
- "Best Doctors for Women", Minnesota Monthly 2015
- "Top Doctor”, Minnesota Monthly 2014
- "Centered Around You Superstar" Award, Hennepin Healthcare System 2013
- "Outstanding Teaching and Mentorship Award" by Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine Residents 2011
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- Board certified in Echocardiography
- Medical Director, Echocardiography Laboratory, HCMC
- Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School (Clinical Scholars Track)
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Echocardiography
Selected publications below. For a complete list of publications, access the PubMed.Gov website.
- Shroff GR, Solid CA, Herzog CA. Long-Term Survival and Repeat Coronary Revascularization in Dialysis Patients Following Surgical and Percutaneous Coronary Revascularization with Drug-Eluting and Bare Metal Stents in the United States. Circulation. 2013; 127(18):1861-1869.
- Shroff GR, Solid CA, Herzog, CA. Temporal Trends in Ischemic Stroke and Anticoagulation Therapy among Medicare Patients with Atrial Fibrillation: A 15-year Perspective (1992-2007). JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173:159-160.
- Shroff GR, Herzog CA. Coronary Revascularization in Patients with CKD Stage 5D: Pragmatic Considerations. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016
- Shroff GR, Li S, Herzog CA. Trends in Mortality Following Acute Myocardial Infarction Among Dialysis Patients in the United States Over 15 Years. J Am Heart Assoc. 2015. Oct 12; 4(10).
- Shroff GR, Solid CA, Herzog, CA. Medicare Claims for Myocardial Infarction as Primary vs. Secondary Diagnosis. Int J Cardiol. 2015; 182:412-413.
- Shroff GR, Solid CA, Herzog CA. Atrial Fibrillation, Stroke, and Anticoagulation in Medicare Beneficiaries: Trends by Age, Sex, and Race, 1992-2010. J Am Heart Assoc. 2014; 3(3):e000756.
- Shroff GR, Fredrick PD, Herzog CA. Renal Failure and Acute Myocardial Infarction: Clinical Characteristics in Patients with Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, and Nonchronic Kidney Disease. A Collaborative Project of the United States Renal Data System/National Institutes of Health and the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction. Am Heart J. 2012; 163(3):399-406.
- Leither MD, Shroff GR, Ding S, Gilbertson DT, Herzog CA. Long-Term Survival of Dialysis Patients with Bacterial Endocarditis Undergoing Valvular Replacement Surgery in the United States. Circulation. 2013; 128(4):344-351.
- Nelson S, Shroff GR, Li S, Herzog CA. Impact of Chronic Kidney Disease on Risk of Incident Atrial Fibrillation and Subsequent Survival in Medicare Patients. J Am Heart Assoc. 2012; 1:e002097.
Editorials and Viewpoints:
- Shroff GR. Renal Function in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation Receiving Anticoagulants: The Canaries in the Coal Mine. JAMA Cardiol. 2016 Jul 1; 1(4):375-6.
- Shroff GR, Raggi P. Exploring the elusive link between subclinical fibrosis and clinical events in end-stage renal disease: does cardiac magnetic resonance imaging hold the key? Kidney Int. 2016 Oct; 90(4):729-32.
- Shroff GR. Acute Myocardial Infarction: What's in a Name? Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162:448-449.
- Asinger RW, Shroff GR. Atrial Fibrillation and Renal Function: How High Is the Price of Anticoagulation? J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015 Jun 16; 65(23):2494-5.
- Shroff GR, Herzog CA. β-Blockers in dialysis patients: a nephrocardiology perspective. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015 Apr; 26(4):774-6.
- Herzog CA, Shroff GR. Atherosclerotic versus nonatherosclerotic evaluation: the Yin and Yang of cardiovascular imaging in advanced chronic kidney disease. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014 Jul; 7(7):729-32.
"I enjoy spending time with family and friends, biking, watching football and listening to music."
Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai, India
Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Internal Medicine, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Cardiovascular Disease, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA