John D. Anderson, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am committed to helping parents make their own informed choices for their child's health."
Dr. Anderson has served as medical director of HCMC's Taking Steps Together program for the past five years. Taking Steps Together helps families address concerns about their child's weight and nutrition through an emphasis on engaging the entire family to make healthy eating and physical activity fun. Dr. Anderson brings this same philosophy of helping families find fun ways to live healthfully to his clinical practice.
- Board certified in General Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota Pediatrics Residency
- Fluent in Spanish
- Selected as Chief Resident during Pediatric Residency
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Anderson JD, Newby R, Kehm R, Barland P, Hearst MO. Taking Steps Together: a family- and community-based obesity intervention for urban, multiethnic children. Health Education and Behavior. 2015; 42(2):194-201.
"Spending time outdoors with my family, especially hiking, canoeing and camping, is a great source of fun and joy for me. I enjoy running and feel lucky to live in the Twin Cities, one of the best urban running spots in the country."
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA