Tara L. Gustilo, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I believe in partnering with my patients to help them make the best health related decisions they can. I am committed to listening to my patient's concerns and values, providing accurate and up-to-date medical information and working with each woman to come up with the best care plan."
Dr. Gustilo's special interests include the diagnosis and treatment of chronic abdominal or pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, fibroids, abnormal pap smears, menopausal concerns and general women's health. She is a staff member of the Obstetrics and Gynecology surgical department. As an acupuncturist, she treats a variety of conditions including chronic and acute pain, mood disorders, fatigue, and fibromyalgia. She is a North American Menopause Society certified practitioner.
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certified in Medical Acupuncture
- Certified by the North American Menopause Society
- Top Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Minneapolis and St Paul Magazine 2016
- Top Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Minnesota Monthly Magazine 2014-2016
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- North American Menopause Society
- Diplomat of the American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Gustilo, Tara: Midlife and Medicine, Minnesota Medicine, March 2014.
- Gustilo-Ashby T, Walters MD. Acupuncture and pelvic floor disorders. American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS) Quarterly Report. Submitted 2007.
- Gustilo-Ashby, T. Acupuncture Under-Utilized in Obstetric and Gynecology. OB/GYN Perspectives August 2007.
- Roth TM. Gustilo-Ashby T. Barber MD. Myers ER. Effects of race and clinical factors on short-term outcomes of abdominal myomectomy. Obst Gyn 2003; 101:881-4.
- Myers ER, Barber, MD, Gustilo-Ashby T, Couchman G, Matchar DB, McCrory DG. Management of uterine leiomyomata; what do we really know? Obst Gyn 2002; 100:8-17.
"I am married to a wonderful man and have three children, a step son and one dog. My non-professional interests include sewing, knitting, making stained glass, listening to music, reading, yoga, hiking and camping."
Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN, USA
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Masters in Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Medical Acupuncture, Helm's Medical Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA