Peter A. Schlesinger, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I enjoy working with patients with diverse rheumatic conditions, for both the diagnostic and treatment aspects. Establishing a long-term therapeutic relationship is a high priority. I like to work together with patients to set treatment goals. I also welcome consultations from primary care providers, as well as from specialists (e.g., ophthalmology, neurology, and dermatology) who desire assistance in co-managing immuosuppressive medical regimens."
Dr. Schlesinger has over 30 years of experience at HCMC, caring for complex patients, and teaching medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Rheumatology
- Top Doc, Mpls St. Paul Magazine
- Best Doctors, Minnesota Monthly
- Goldfarb N, Lin SW, Jaimes J, Fenyk J, Schlesinger PA. Resident rounds. Part III. A case of dermatomyositis presenting with eyelid nodules. J Drugs Dermatol. 2013;12(12):1486-1488.
"I enjoy life in the Twin Cities. At home with my wife, activities include cooking and gardening. I enjoy nordic skiing and bicycling."
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Rheumatology, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA