Martin J. Stillman, MD, JD, FACP, FCLM
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I believe that wonderful things in health care can happen when a whole team of care providers and support staff work together, in partnership, with a patient and their family, and recognize that the patient is the essential heart and core of that team."
Dr. Stillman graduated from the University of Minnesota Medical School and completed his residency and chief residency at Hennepin County Medical Center. He is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Minnesota Medical School. Dr. Stillman also does advisory work in areas relating to law, medicine, and mediation. He teaches various topics in law and medicine to University of Minnesota medical students and coaches mediators locally and nationally. Dr. Stillman is the Medical Director of the Medicine Clinic, Assistant Chief of Medicine in the Medicine Department and the Mediation and Conflict Resolution Officer for HCMC.
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Good Question: What does stress do to our bodies?, WCCO Channel 4, October 2015.
- Medicine And The Law, feature article. Minnesota Medicine, September 2015.
- Clinic Medical Director, Medicine Clinic, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Assistant Chief of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Mediation & Conflict Resolution Officer, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Minnesota Attorney License
- Best Doctors in America Award, by Best Doctors, Inc., 2015
- University of Minnesota Outstanding Medical School Teaching Award, 2010
- Medicine and Health Board of Overseers Committee, University of Minnesota Foundation
- American College of Physicians
- President, Board of Directors, Minnesota Medical Alumni Society
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Cryer B, Li CM, Simon LS, Singh G, Stillman MJ, Berger MF. GI-REASONS: A Novel 6-Month, Prospective, Randomized, Open-Label, Blinded Endpoint (PROBE) Trial. Am J Gastroenterol, 2013; 108:392-400.
- Stillman MJ, Stillman TM. Choosing nonselective NSAIDS and selective COX-2 inhibitors in the elderly. A clinical use pathway. Geriatrics, 2007; 62(2):26-34.
- Stillman MJ, Stillman TM. Appropriate use of NSAIDS. Considering cardiovascular disease in the elderly. Geriatrics, 2007; 62(3):16-21.
- Chan FK, Cryer B, Goldstein JL, Lanas A, Peura DA, Scheiman JM, Simon LS, Singh G, Stillman MJ, Wilcox CM, Berger MF, Brezna A, and Dodge W. A Novel Composite Endpoint to Evaluate the Gastrointestinal (GI) Effects of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs Through the Entire GI Tract. J Rheum, 2010; 37:167-174.
- Stillman MJ, A Difference of Degrees. JAMA 2003;290(9):1135-1136.
"I treasure time with my family and feel blessed to lead an active, activity-filled life as best as I can."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Chief Resident Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA