Jeffrey J. Morken, MD
Surgery - Colon and Rectal
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"My idea of a successful care plan includes active participation by patient and physician alike."
Dr. Morken is a board certified colon and rectal surgeon who treats a wide variety of disorders ranging from anorectal problems such as hemorrhoids and anal fistulas to complex laparoscopic techniques for colorectal cancer, diverticulitis, Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
- Board Certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Best Doctors for Women Minnesota Monthly Magazine 2013-2015
- Top Doctors in Minnesota Monthly Magazine 2014, 2015
- Featured on HCMC's Healthy Matters on WCCO radio
- American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons
- Sirany AM, Nygaard RM, Morken JJ. The ligation of the intersphincteric fistula tract for anal fistula: A mixed bag or results. Dis Colon Rectum 2015 Jun;58(6):604-12.
- Morken JJ, Baxter NN, Madoff RD, Finne CO. Endorectal ultrasound-directed biopsy: a useful technique to detect local recurrence of rectal cancer. International Journal of Colon & Rectal Disease (2006) 21:258-264.
- Morken JJ, Warren KU, Xie Y, Rodriguez JL, Lyte M. Epinephrine as a mediator of pulmonary neutrophil sequestration. Shock 2002; 18(1):46-50.
- Morken JJ, West MA. Abdominal compartment syndrome in the intensive care unit. Current Opinion in Critical Care 2001; 7(4):268-274.
- Morken JJ, Kraatz JJ, Balcos EG, Hill MJ, Ney AL, West MA, Van Camp JM, Zera RT, Jacobs DM, Odland MD, Rodriguez JL. Civilian rectal trauma: a changing perspective. Surgery 1999; 126(4):693-698.
"In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family. We enjoy time at the lake, cooking, and boating. I enjoy riding my fat tire bike and paddleboarding when I can."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
General Surgery, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA