John W. McGill, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am honored to be practicing at a large county hospital that provides excellent emergency and in-patient care to a diverse population requiring interpreter services for over 50 different languages."
Dr. McGill has over 30 years of experience in the specialty of Emergency Medicine with a career focus on the recording and use of clinical video to improve the practice and knowledge of emergency airway management.
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Featured on the hqmeded.com website
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Humanitarian Award, Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Ernie Ruiz Teacher of the Year Award
- Honorary Doctorate of Science, University of Vermont School of Medicine, Burlington,VT (conferred with his commencement address as President of Doctors Without Borders).
- Award for Service to Medicine and Community, University of Vermont School of Medicine (In recognition of Dr. McGill's work with Doctors Without Borders - Medecins Sans Frontieres)
- Advisory Board, Global Health Media Project
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Western Trauma Association
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Reardon RF, McGill J, Clinton JE. Endotracheal Intubation. In Roberts, Hedges & McManus (Editors) Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine. 6th Edition. McGraw-Hill, New York, New York, 2012.
- Miner JR, Gray RO, Bahr J, Patel R, McGill JW. Randomized Clinical Trial of Propofol vs Ketamine for Procedural Sedation in the Emergency Department. Academic Emergency Medicine. June 2010; 17 (6): 604-611.
- McGill J. Airway Management in Trauma: An Update. Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America. 2007 August; 25 (3): 603-622.
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Emergency Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA