Martha L. McCusker, MD, FACP
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"My goal is to provide exceptional care to our geriatric population, so that my patients live as well and fully as they can, in the place of their choice. I work with my patients and their families, helping them identify what values are important to them in all stages of life, so they have a clear voice in their care."
Dr. McCusker has provided primary and consultative clinical care in geriatric medicine for over 25 years. She has served as a nursing home medical director, and actively cares for patients in transitional care and long-term care settings. She also has served as Associate Medical Director of Hospice of the Twin Cities for more than 15 years, providing medical expertise and direct care to persons at the end of life.
- Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certified in Geriatric Medicine by the American Board of of Internal Medicine
- Certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Best Doctors, Minnesota Monthly magazine, 2014
- American College of Physicians
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Medical Directors Association
"When not at a job I love, I enjoy spending time listening to music, attending concerts, and learning to play the piano."
Hahnemann Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Internal Medicine, Hahnemann Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Geriatrics, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA