Brian D. Mahoney, MD, FACEP
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"For nearly 4 decades, I have cared for thousands of patients per year in our active Emergency Department. I was the medical director of Hennepin EMS for twenty years, responsible for delivery of care growing from 45,000 to 65,000 patients per year."
Dr. Mahoney has over 37 years of experience in Emergency Medicine specializing in Emergency Medical Services, cardiac arrest resuscitation, and emergency management of spinal injuries.
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Board Certified in Emergency Medical Services
- Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Outstanding Dedication to the Examination Process in Emergency Medicine
- Life Fellow Membership to the American College of Emergency Physicians
- Minneapolis Fire Department Meritorious Service Award
- Minnesota Resuscitation Consortium of Board of Directors
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Senior Oral Examiner for 30 years
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Yannopoulos D, Aufderheide TP, Abella BS, Duval S, Frascone RJ, Goodloe JM, Mahoney BD, Nadkami VM, Halperin HR, O'Connor R, Idris AH, Becker LB, Pepe PE. Quality of CPR: An Important Effect Modifier in Cardiac Arrest Clinical Outcomes and Intervention Effectiveness Trials. Resuscitation. September 2015; 94: 106-113.
- Salzman JG, Frascone RJ, Burkhart N, Holcomb R, Wewerka SS, Swor RA, Mahoney BD, Wayne MA, Domeier RM, Olinger ML, Aufderheide TP, Lurie KG. The Association of Health Status and Providing Consent to Continued Participation in an Out-of- Hospital Cardiac Arrest Trial Performed Under Exception from Informed Consent. Academic Emergency Medicine. March 2015; 22 (3): 347-353.
- Debaty G, Segal N, Matsuura T, Fahey B, Wayne M, Mahoney B, Frascone R, Lick C, Yannopoulos D. Hemodynamic Improvement of a LUCAS 2 Automated Device by Addition of an Impedance Threshold Device in a Pig Model of Cardiac Arrest. Resuscitation. December 2014; 85 (12): 1704-1707.
- Frascone RJ, Wayne MA, Swor RA, Mahoney BD, Domeier RM, Olinger ML, Tupper DE, Setum CM, Burkhart N, Klann L, Salzman JG, Wewerks SS, Yannopoulos D, Lurie KG, O'Neil BJ, Holcomb RG, Aufderheide TP. Treatment of Non-Traumatic Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest with Active Compression Decompression Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation plus an Impedance Threshold Device. Resuscitation. September 2013; 84 (9): 1214-1222. Doi: 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2013.05.002. Epub 2013 May 10.
- Sasson,C, Magid, D, Mahoney BD, Chan,P, et al for the CARES Surveillance Group. Association of Neighborhood Characteristics with Bystander-Initiated CPR. NEJM. October 2012: 367 (17): 1607-1615.
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Emergency Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA