Margaret Kersey-Isaacson, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I believe that parents are the experts about their kids!"
Dr. Kersey-Isaacson has expertise in breastfeeding promotion, obesity prevention, health disparities, and immigrant health care.
- Board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Kersey M, Lipton R, Sanchez-Rosado M, Kumar J, Thisted R, Lantos J. Breast-feeding history and overweight in Latino preschoolers. Ambulatory Pediatrics. Nov-Dec. 2005;5(6):355-8
- Kersey M, Geppert JS, Cutts DB. Hunger in young children of Mexican immigrant families. Public Health Nutrition. Apr. 2007; 10(4);390-395
- Kersey, M, Lipton, R, Quinn, M, Lantos, J. Overweight in Latino Preschoolers: Do Parental Health Beliefs Matter? American Journal of Health Behavior. 2010; 34(3):340-348
- Park K, Kersey M, Geppert J, Story M, Cutts D, Himes JH. Household food insecurity is a risk factor for iron-deficiency anaemia in a multi-ethnic, low-income sample of infants and toddlers. Public Health Nutrition. 2009 Nov., 12(11):2120-8
- Kersey, M, Chi, M, Cutts, D. Anemia, Lead Poisoning, and Vitamin D Deficiency in low-income children: do current screening recommendations match the burden in illness. Public Health Nutrition. 2011 Aug, 4(8):1424-8
"I spend my spare time swimming at the cabin in the summer and running and nordic skiing the rest of the year. I also love traveling and annual trips to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area with my family."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Categorical Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL, USA