Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am lucky to work in a setting where I am given the time to provide care that is patient centered. I have years of experience at HCMC and know how to optimize the system for the benefit of my patients."
Dr. Johnson is board certified in Internal Medicine. He has 30 years of experience caring for adults in acute as well as ambulatory care settings. Since 2010, he has served as Medical Director for the HCMC Coordinated Care Center. This clinic provides multidisciplinary, team-based care for some of the most complex users of the HCMC system.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Director, Coordinated Care Clinic, Hennepin County Medical Center
- NAPH 2013 Gage Award, Hennepin County Medical Center
- 2007 Clinical Excellence Award, Department of Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Johnson P. Better Care for the Overserviced: Lessons form an Ambulatory ICU. Medical Home News 2015(3).
- Johnson P, Clifford P, DeCubellis J, Moroney S, Linzer M. Transformations in Care. Minnesota Physician 2012;XXXV1(1):1-19.
- Johnson P. Cooling the Hot Spots. Healthcare News 2011:9(5).
- Johnson P. Hot Spotters. Minnesota Physician 2011:25(6).
- Johnson P. Finding the Light Switch. Community integration of care for complex health needs. Minnesota Physician 2005;19(9).
"I was raised in the Midwest, trained on the coasts, and have made Minneapolis my home since 1996. Away from work, I am an avid runner. Cooking, reading, and hiking are other pastimes. I love sports; look for me at Twins baseball and Gophers basketball games!"
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Internal Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA