Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am passionate about treating kidney disease using the latest treatments to suit the patient's needs."
Dr. Israni has extensive experience in the care of kidney disease, particularly kidney transplant patients.
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Organ Transplantation, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation
- Scientific registry of transplant recipients, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation
- Board Certified in Nephrology and Internal Medicine
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Epidemiology & Community Health
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Graduated with Honors in Genetics from New York University School of Medicine
- Selected as Chief Resident during Internal Medicine Residency at Boston City Hospital
- Deputy Director of the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Transplant Physicians
- Israni AK, Zaun D, Bolch C, Rosendale JD, Schaffhausen C, Snyder JJ, Kasiske BL. OPTN/SRTR 2015 Annual Data Report: Deceased Organ Donation. Am J Transplant. 2017; 17 Suppl 1:503-542.
- Hart A, Smith JM, Skeans MA, Gustafson SK, Stewart DE, Cherikh WS, WainrightJL, Kucheryavaya A, Woodbury M, Snyder JJ, Kasiske BL, Israni AK. OPTN/SRTR 2015 Annual Data Report: Kidney. Am J Transplant. 2017; 17 Suppl 1:21-116.
- Hart A, Gustafson SK, Skeans MA, Stock P, Stewart D, Kasiske BL, Israni AK. OPTN/SRTR 2015 Annual Data Report: Early effects of the new kidney allocation system. Am J Transplant. 2017; 17 Suppl 1:543-564.
- Oetting WS, Schladt DP, Guan W, Miller MB, Remmel RP, Dorr C, Sanghavi K, Mannon RB, Herrera B, Matas AJ, Salomon DR, Kwok PY, Keating BJ, Israni AK, Jacobson PA; DeKAF Investigators. Genomewide Association Study of Tacrolimus Concentrations in African American Kidney Transplant Recipients Identifies Multiple CYP3A5 Alleles. Am J Transplant. 2016; 16(2):574-82.
- Israni A, Dean C, Kasel B, Berndt L, Wildebush W, Wang CJ. Why do Patients Forget to Take Immunosuppression Medications and Miss Appointments: Can a Mobile Phone App Help? JMIR Public Health Surveill. 2016; 2(1):e15.
New York University, New York, NY, USA
Internal Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Nephrology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA