David Hilden, MD, MPH, FACP
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am committed to making sure that all people, without exception, have access to the highest quality of health care. The patient and family are the most important members of the health care team, and I strive to ensure that people feel valued and cared for in all I do."
Dr. Hilden is board-certified in Internal Medicine, caring for adults facing acute illness in the hospital as well as chronic conditions in the clinic. He also has expertise in population health and medical education, and strives to promote wellness with his patients not only when sick but in all aspects of their lives.
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Host: Healthy Matters radio show, Sunday mornings at 7:30 on NewsRadio 830 WCCO AM
- HealthyMatters online streaming and podcasts at HCMC.ORG and WCCO.COM
- Speaker on health care topics at various community venues
- Blog: MyHealthyMatters.org
- Twitter: @DrDavidHilden
- Assistant Chief of Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Director, Division of Hospital Medicine
- Specialty certification: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Best Doctors, Minnesota Monthly magazine, 2014 and 2015
- Volunteer and Community Service Award, American College of Physicians - Minnesota Chapter, 2014
- Early Distinguished Career Award, University of Minnesota Medical Alumni Society, 2013
- Physician Communicator Award, Minnesota Medical Association, 2010
- Outstanding Faculty Teacher, HCMC Transitional Residency, 2007
- American College of Physicians
- Society of Hospital Medicine
"I was raised in Minnesota and I am happy to still call Minneapolis home with my wife, Julie. We are the proud parents of two college-age children. I am a Bruce Springsteen fanatic but I treasure classical music, especially Beethoven. I enjoy camping, hiking, and travel, and I spend many days year-round running around the Minneapolis chain of lakes. I love a good book and a strong cup of coffee!"
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA