Guilford G. Hartley, MD
Surgery - Bariatric
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"My commitment to patient care grows out of the satisfaction I get from providing the most comprehensive medical care I can for people suffering from obesity. I am particularly proud of our commitment to provide for those who are often unable to get the help they need because of finances or other social barriers."
Dr. Hartley has worked in the area of adult and adolescent obesity since 1988, focusing on finding the best solutions suited to individual patients' needs and with emphasis on weight loss surgery for severely obese people as the safest and most effective treatment now available.
Media, Newsletters and Videos
Dr. Hartley is frequently interviewed by television news, radio, newspapers, and magazines about new developments in the area of obesity and diabetes.
Dr. Hartley has participated in the committee of the Obesity Society that developed the professional board examination in obesity that is now in use.
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine at Hennepin County Medical Center, 1982-1983
- Member of the American College of Physicians
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Obesity Society
- Hartley, G. The Prevalence of Cardiac Valvular Insufficiency Assessed by Transthoracic Echocardiography in Obese Patients Treated with Appetite-Suppressant Drugs. New England Journal of Medicine. 9/10/1998; 339, 11, pp 713-718.
- Hartley, G. Diabetes Disease Stage Predicts Weight Loss Outcomes with Long-Term Appetite Suppressants. Obesity Research. 1/1/2000; 8, 1, pp 43-48.
"I enjoy reading, photography, travel, especially traveling with my wife to visit our children in San Diego and New York."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA