Kate Diaz Vickery, MD, MSc
Family and Community Medicine
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am committed to supporting patients and families to achieve and maintain optimal health. I believe this happens best when patients, families, and multi-disciplinary care teams work together to co-produce health. Ideally, healthcare works together with social services, public health, education, employment, and other sectors of the community to produce the conditions necessary to support good health for all."
Dr. Vickery is board-certified in family medicine and specializes in the care of patients with medical, behavioral, and social complexity. She enjoys working to achieve patient and family goals and aligning healthcare with those goals. Dr. Vickery conducts research on how to restructure primary care to better meet the needs of complex patients and their providers through HCMC's Center for Patient and Provider Experience.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Clinician Investigator, Hennepin County Medical Center
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Minnesota Medical License
- House Resolution Honoring Healthy West 7th Initiative, Minnesota State House of Representatives, 2012
- Paper of Greatest Interest, Resident Division, Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians (MAFP) Research Forum, 2011
- Medical Society of the State of New York Community Service Award, 2008
- Gold Foundation Humanism Honor Society Inductee, 2008
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Society for General Internal Medicine
- Vickery KD, Guzman-Corrales L, Owen R, et al. Medicaid expansion and mental health: A Minnesota case study. Fam Syst Health. 2016;34(1):58-63. doi:10.1037/fsh0000186.
- Vickery KD, Rindfliesch K, Benson J, et al. Preparing the next generation of family physicians to improve population health. Fam Med. 2015 Nov-Dec;47(19):782-788.
- Tipirneni R, Vickery KD, Ehlinger EP. Accountable communities for health: Moving from providing accountable care to creating health. Ann Fam Med. 2015;13(4):367-369.
- Sandberg S, Erickson C, Owen R, Vickery KD et al. Hennepin Health: A safety-net Accountable Care Organization for the expanded Medicaid population. Health Aff. 2014; 33(11):1975-1984.
- Vickery KD, Sauser K, Davis M. Policy responses to public demand for healthcare access: From the individual to the population. JAMA, 2013;309(7):665-666.
"I was raised in Hennepin County and am happy to call the Twin Cities home. My family and I enjoy Twins baseball and growing our own fruits and vegetables – especially our Siberian kiwi vines which produce grape-like fruits! I love spending time outside, reading great books, and traveling. Coffee and dark chocolate are some of my favorite treats."
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Family Medicine, United Family Medicine/Allina, St. Paul, MN, USA
Health Services Research, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA