Dean J. Brown, RPA, RT(R)
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am committed to every patient that comes into the fluoroscopy suite here at HCMC. So often, my patients and their families come to our department being told that they are just having an x-ray. As a mid-level provider, I can spend quality time with my patients. I think it’s important not only to help patients by diagnosing their problem or treating their pain, but to go over the images of the study to help the patient understand what is happening with their body. HCMC is a teaching facility where we train tomorrow’s health care providers. I believe teaching patients is an equally important mission."
Dean has worked at HCMC Radiology for 17 years. He has spent the majority of this time in fluoroscopy, where he can focus on his special interest in pain management. Dean also works with and trains radiology technologist students and radiology residents from 5 school programs including schools, including the University of Minnesota. He was adjunct instructor at a local university program in Radiology Specialty imaging and served for years on the school’s advisory board. Dean is also the clinical coordinator of the Low Dose CT-Lung program specializing in the early detection of lung cancer in high risk patients. Utilizing low-dose CT scans for early detection of lung cancer can dramatically increase a patient’s chance of survival.
- Certification board for Radiology Practitioner Assistants
- Internship, Hennepin County Medical Center Department of Radiology
- Weber State University, Ogden, Utah
- Crown College, Business Management, St. Bonifacious, Minnesota
- Medical Institute of Minnesota, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Cum Laude Honors at Weber State University, Ogden, Utah
"When I’m not at work I enjoy spending time with my wife and our 3 teenage children. My free time is spent hiking and kayaking, which I absolutely love to do. Every year my wife and I are blessed to be able to travel and experience new adventures."
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Society of Radiology Physician Extenders