Volunteer Services Hospital Program
Thank you for your interest in the HCMC Volunteer Services Program. We are not accepting applications at this time, however, your interest is very important to us, so please check back January 15th, 2015.
Green Building, Level 1, Room 190
900 South 8th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Volunteer at HCMC
As a Level 1 Trauma Center and a safety net for the community, Hennepin County Medical Center offers a broad range of experiences to fulfill your personal goals for volunteering. There are positions in many different departments with opportunities behind the scenes, working with the public, working with patients, supporting staff, and assisting families.
Volunteering at HCMC gives you the opportunity to work within our community of diverse volunteers, staff, visitors and patients. As a volunteer you will help supplement and enhance hospital services and programs — you will make a difference.
Most volunteers schedule a 3-4 hour shift once per week for 3-6 months. A coordinator will work with you to find a position that fits your schedule and your interests from among our openings. Daytime, evening and weekend hours are available.
Volunteering at HCMC has many rewards that help you:
- Gain career experience during educational programs
- Become acquainted with the hospital environment
- Give something back to the community
- Address the needs of others
- Work with others or meet new people
- Make a difference
- Continue a past connection with the medical center
- Gain experiences and references for future job applications
- Learn new things and have new experiences
- Develop a sense of generosity in the broadest sense of the word
The President’s Volunteer Service Award is the premier volunteer awards program, encouraging United States citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States through presidential recognition to live a life of service.
Your recognition inspires others to take positive action to change the world. Volunteer a certain number of hours and receive the highly coveted Presidential Services Award.