About the Twin Cities
Experience Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota
What the Twin Cities can teach us about living well
Source: Huffington Post, November 18, 2013
- 3.6 million residents in the metro area
- Average June temperature is 79 degrees
- Average date of first snowfall is November 18
- 11,842 lakes in Minnesota
- Famous Minnesotans include writer F. Scott Fitzgerald, musician Prince, cartoonist Charles Schulz, and former Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey
- Home to the Minnesota Vikings, Twins, Timberwolves and Wild sports teams
Together, the communities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota form the "Twin Cities," one of the most progressive and diverse metropolitan areas in the Midwest. If you’re considering a visit or a career here, forget your stereotypes. We thrive year-round, with plenty of outdoor activities in all seasons, as well as a flourishing cultural scene for lovers of the arts, music, dining, and entertainment.
The Twin Cities regularly ranks as one of the most livable places in the U.S., serves as headquarters for many Fortune 500 companies, and boasts a strong school system. We are known for our well maintained parks, civic involvement, and of course our excellent healthcare, with numerous hospitals in the metro region.