Hennepin Bariatric Center: Support & Resources
The Bariatric Support Group meets every 2nd Wednesday of each month in the Surgery Clinic. No appointment is necessary and there is no charge. These support groups should be attended before and after surgery.
|Time:||4:30PM - 6:00PM|
|Location:||716 South 7th Street |
Purple Building, 5th Floor
Check in at the clinic front desk
General Surgery Resources
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery – Find patient education, videos of patient experiences and other important resources about bariatric surgery.
- Bariatric Surgery for Severe Obesity – Find general information for adults and children for bariatric surgery. Source: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
- Weight Loss Surgery: What to expect – This website has a slideshow of the different types of bariatric surgery. Source: WebMD
- Your diet after gastric bypass surgery – Find nutritional information for when you leave the hospital after surgery and for your new way of eating. Source: MedicinePlus
- Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets – This web page is based on several studies on healthy eating, specifically plant-based diets, and the potential health benefits. Source: US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
- Life after weight-loss surgery – Find helpful information about changes to your body after weight loss surgery. Source: MedicinePlus
- Weight-loss surgery and fitness – Find information about the do’s and don’ts before and after bariatric surgery. Source: Obesity Action Coalition
- Relationship Challenges before and after weight-loss surgery – Find information about coping with the emotional changes after surgery. Source: Obesity Action Coalition
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Patient Forum – Free, anonymous support from people just like you! Source: DailyStrength
Support for Families
- Weight Loss Surgery for Children – Find weight loss surgery information and videos for children and their families. Source: KidsHealth
- Education and support for patients and families – Making the journey together. Source: ObesityHelp
- Minnesota Weight Loss Forum – Share your stories with other patients who have undergone bariatric surgery. Source: ObesityHelp