Information and Resources
General cardiac information
- American Heart Association – Information about reducing death caused by heart disease and stroke.
- CardioSmart – General heart information for patients with heart disease.
- Center for Disease Control – General heart disease materials for patients.
- MedicineNet – A visual guide to heart disease.
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons – Website dedicated to patients with heart disease.
- Women Heart – The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease.
Children with heart disease
- American Heart Association – Dietary recommendations for healthy children.
- KidsHealth – Information for children with heart disease, including sections for parents, kids and teens.
- WebMD – Children and Heart Disease: What’s wrong with this picture?
Heart disease and stroke prevention
- American Heart Association – Preventing heart disease at any age.
- Heart Hub for Patients – Patient information about heart disease and stroke.
- MedlinePlus – Information about heart disease prevention, symptoms and wellness issues.
- Womenshealth.gov – Heart disease and stroke prevention.
- American Heart Association – Nutrition information for patients with heart disease.
- Heart Healthy Diet Tips – Eating to prevent heart disease and boost heart health.
- PMC U.S. National Library of Medicine – Dietary Study: Nutritional Update for Physicians
Support websites for patients and families
- American Heart Association – Information for caregivers of patients with heart disease.
- Congenital Heart Information Network – A network of online discussion groups for families and health professionals.
- Daily Strength – Share your stories with a network of patients and families dealing with heart disease.
- Mended Hearts – Support website for patients and their families coping with heart disease.
- Patient Advocate Foundation – Patient resources for insurance and healthcare access.