Hennepin County Medical Center’s Breastfeeding Services are available to help mothers meet their breastfeeding goals.
Our lactation consultants are specially trained to provide information and assistance to the breastfeeding mother. Our lactation consultants are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC). The specialist does not replace a visit to your regular health care provider - he or she is a member of your health care team. Your lactation consultant is part of your support system at HCMC who can help you with all the questions and concerns you might have about breastfeeding.
We're here to help mothers who:
- want to know more about breastfeeding before baby is born;
- want to breastfeed;
- are breastfeeding and are having problems;
- have babies with special needs;
- need to know how to fit breastfeeding into a busy life;
- just need someone to talk to about breastfeeding.